What can DIYnot offer the Tradesman?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning.

I have been browsing these forums a lot lately and noticed there is a phenomenal amount of knowledgeable guys on this Forum, myself included (I hope) ;)

The Tradesmen on here offer excellent advice but I'm keen to know; do you get anything in return? any job offers etc??

The reason I'm asking is because there are a lot of DIYers and tradesmen alike all from the same areas, Surrey, Hants, Berks etc, so it is a good tool to get work and also connect up prospective clients to a Tradesman.

Maybe I should have read the rules first but as I understand it, no one is allowed to post any sort of advert in their signature but are we allowed to add something in our profile??

Sponsored Links
My contributions to this site are purely altruistic, i seek nothing in return.

That said, it is nice to flex ones 'building nous'-muscles from time to time.

I simply detest to see bad advice given out also. I find the urge to but-in, irresistible.:cool:

I'm with him ^

it's all about the karma.. and keeping the knowhow sharp in the head..
after all, if you don't use it you loose it.. ( I can't for the life of me remember boolean algebra notation despite doing it in college.. )

me too, and learning things, and having a bunch of people whose minds you can tap when you need a bit of info in return.

Sponsored Links
I'm interested if anyone is using this site as a tool to get work??

Obviously the site is useful for getting help, discussing ideas etc as is any Forum, which is why I'm using the Forum, just interested in any 'perks'

i think theres been a couple of instances in electrics uk where people have used the IM facility to privately arrange jobs, not on the public forum mind.

I'm interested if anyone is using this site as a tool to get work??

Obviously the site is useful for getting help, discussing ideas etc as is any Forum, which is why I'm using the Forum, just interested in any 'perks'
In 4 years of posting, I had maybe two offers and both were nowhere near me. If that's what you're here for, you're wasting your time mate. We just do it for the lurve.
Incidentally, I've stopped posting in the tiling section due to the constant arguing with the resident forum idiot.

Who might that be??? me? :LOL:

I'm certainly not here to generate work, I would behave diferently if I was :LOL:

Certainly not you mate - you seem to know what you're talking about. The other muppet just goes by what he's read on the back of product packaging in B&Q.

i dont think you should give up gcol, most people can see through him for what he is and the advice he tries to give

Thanks Thermo; you're not the first to say the same thing. To be honest, I'm enjoying the extra time I've got now.
My dog died a couple of years ago and whilst I felt loss for him, I did appreciate getting the time spent looking after him back. Same sort of feeling now... kinda.
My thinking is that I've currently been spending a lot of time arguing with an idiot and although it's totally against my nature, I'm gonna walk away. Of course if I knew where he lived I'd belt him into next week. ;)

you stop posting whats right and hes won. dont let him get under your skin.

Bathstyle,
It's the member that thanked you twice, 2 days ago.

Thermo,
Admin/mods won't do anything about him so if you like, then I am giving up - it's not my job to put up with his sh*t. I've got better things to do.

Sponsored Links
Back