What can I use safely to fill holes around pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a mouse problem which I am trying to address and most are accessing house through various holes in flooring around pipe work.

It will be relatively easy to fill these in, however I don't really know what to use to completely fill and for it to be safe for both plastic and copper hot and cold pipes?

Ideally would love some type of expanding product (to ensure no gaps) but I have no idea if this would be dangerous for hot pipes (plastic and copper)

Thanks in advance for any advice

Sponsored Links
Expanding foam is fine for filling holes,but if you have problem with mice then you really need to get in touch with a pest controller,they absolutely love chewing pastic as well.Better to get rid of them sooner rather then later

Any holes you are filling externally i normally put crushed glass in with sand and cement if there is rodent problem,once they chew through and bite into glass it makes their mouths bleed they will never go back to that bot again

Sponsored Links
Thanks happyplumber,

Environmental health are involved and tryin to do their bit. I am not just going to sit and wait for them to do an average job. I am talking about holes inside mostly at floor level on first floor were pipes are in existence feeding tanks, rads etc.

Are you saying that mice can chew through expanding foam - if so i would not use it no point!...........any other suggestions......i hear that steel wool is useful is that ok round hot pipes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back