what causes motorised valves and pump to run when boiler and

A

angelf

what causes motorised valves and pump to run when boiler and programmer are off?

Sponsored Links
how about frost stat, valve sticking, wiring fault, pump overrun - the list is endless

it is a wiring fault...oh and its a 2 port hw valve does that help?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean it's wired wrongly or that there is an electrical fault.

I took out a sunvic m.v (crap) and replaced it with a honeywell m.v. The only difference was that the honeywell valve had an earth. I carefully unpicked each wire from sunvic m.v & replaced it with wires from honeywell. Simple not!!! I'm getting heating & hot water on permanently. It doesnt help that the boiler/programmer are on ground floor, room stat on first floor and cylinder stat m. valves & pump on 2nd floor along with 2 spaggetti junction boxes. Aghhh

So have you replaced a MoMo valve with a spring return?

wanna get yourself a Honeywell wiring guide which has all the motorised valves and what each colour corresponds to, will look in the morning if I remember

Have done all this but some wires are double coloured ie brown sleeved with a blue plastic cable cover, some wires are taped up (mainly the brown ones!) and some are just simply cut out ie the blue ones. So UNLESS i SPEND ALL DAY UNPICKING THIS "TIN OF WORMS" I dont think I can see an S plan there at all. Will call a decent electrican to sort it out.
cheers

Don't call an electrician, they usually don't have a clue about wiring central heating systems and make an absolute mess of it, especially annoying for fault finding!

Call a decent heating engineer, get them to put in an LWC1 wiring centre and job done!

Are you actually a trained professional or more of an odd job man?

am gsr but very warey of electrics that do not follow the s/y etc plans that i am used to. I also dont want to bugger up the customers system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back