what causes motorised valves and pump to run when boiler and

A

angelf

what causes motorised valves and pump to run when boiler and programmer are off?

Sponsored Links
Dizzy electrons. Are your cables a mess? Do they zig zag their way around your house? Are there sharp bends in the wiring? All these can cause electrons to get confused and go the wrong way. Spin on the spot, and you too can experience this feeling.

:D yes obviously I'm aware of that but can u be more specific ie what wire L, N, E etc is connected to what that keeps it running permanently? Am aware that without pics etc this is difficult but there must be a starting point.
I'm no expert but I think its got to do with the grey & brown wires from m.vs been connected to boiler or programmer but apart from that I 'm confused. Cheers

Sponsored Links
crystal%20ball.jpg

Are you sure that the valves are 'running'? They may be open, but not necessarily electrically operated. It's not at all uncommon for the valve or microswitch to stick, which can cause the pump and boiler to run continuously. That's about the only generic easy fix I can suggest with the information we have!

my new Worcester Bosh has a 'eco' setting which when switched off results in the boiler coming on occasionally in order to pre warm the water.

Never understood it myself, why people cant wait the 10 seconds it takes for a modern combi to get hot!

If it is your wiring someone on here will know, more detail though, pictures etc.

Or you could catch one of those pesky electrons and ask him (or her) what they are doing...

To provide any sensible answers, a lot more information is required:

What type of system is this?
How many valves?
How many thermostats and what type?
Is this a new installation or old?
Has anything been changed recently - if so, what?
Has the system ever worked properly?

about the valve part i think thats a fault as already stated, such as microswitch sticking or motor stuck /jammed in the open position thus calling for heat for water or c/heating.
a lot of boilers have pump over run, when the boiler is switched off there is hot water inside that is not meant to stay there as the heat will build up and cause problems so the pump runs and sends that water around the system to cool down and after a set time period the pump will switch off,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back