What colour could I paint my lounge with Aubergine curtains!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused:
PLEEESE Can anyone help me,probably seems trivial but it,s a big deal right now,I really want to paint my lounge,it,s north facing so doesn't,t get much light although I have a patio door with a window to the side and another window but not much light gets through,I also have Aubergine curtains which are really nice,what colours can I incorporate to lighten the room and make it feel sunny and happy.I,m having a rough time at the moment,where I live is horrid,some really nasty people live here and I,m Bi-polar and I don,t interfere with anyone but still get hassle so I find I,m locking myself away,not that I want to but at least I can look at a nice room while I sort the rest out,so pleeeese if anyone can help with some colour advice I,d be very very grateful,Thankyou,K
Feeling sad,need lifting :cry:

Sponsored Links
A lot of landlord's I know start by painting all walls and ceiling in a property white. It looks clean and fresh. It is also the cheapest paint to buy.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I'd go with the white here also. I have aubergine curtains in my living room and I have ceiling and 3 walls painted white, one wall painted black(all Matt by the way) and the chimney plate wallpapered with a white paper with aubergine patterns. :D

White is a bit stark IMO. I would go with an off white. I have used and liked Dulux Almond White. Also Leyland Parchment mixed 1 to 4 into white is very calming. HTH

White is a bit stark IMO. I would go with an off white. I have used and liked Dulux Almond White. Also Leyland Parchment mixed 1 to 4 into white is very calming. HTH

Those colours are just a different shade of Magnolia,

Magnolia Walls,White Woodwork, Standard Decorators colours for new builds or make good.

That's a bit like saying grey is a shade of black. The difference is subtle I grant you but that is what design is about to me. YMMV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back