What controls our room temperatures?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a combi boiler and radiators with individual thermostats, but no temperature thermostat which we can set to a certain level. All radiators are set on No. 3. In our lounge and dining room the temperature reaches 20 degrees, but the rest of the house is in the region of 15 degrees. The boiler is in the kitchen which opens out into the hall. There is an unmarked dial marked 1-6 and it is set on 1.5. Does this control the temperature of the area surrounding the boiler, or is it done on the radiators? I just wondered, given that there is a great difference in the temperatures reached.

Sponsored Links
There is an unmarked dial marked 1-6 and it is set on 1.5. Does this control the temperature of the area surrounding the boiler, or is it done on the radiators?

dial on boiler (make/model?) is to control the temp of the water in the system

room temp is controlled by your trv's :idea:

Sorry, forgot to mention we had an Ideal Response 100.

I'll turn the TRVs up in the cooler rooms and see if that warm them up a bit more.

Sponsored Links
TRV's are not 100% accurate, I have had a few people say how come one rad is hotter than another when they are both on No 4

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back