What cordless combi drill for an ocassional DIY'er please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im in the process of looking at combi drills, I will be using it about twice a year for home DIY but as my old one packed in a few years back, I'm sick of borrowing drills and I feel its time to get a new one.

Im looking to spend about £100 and seen a couple of good reviewed ones in screwfix but my concern is more the batteries...NiCad or Lithium. Im hearing (and reading) allsorts of bad stuff about the NiCad ones (you cant just recharge them as theyve got to be dead before you do OR dont let them completely die as it'll wreck the battery ????, The lithium ones dont last long either etc etc)

Its more a case of what battery's best for someone who uses a drill a few times a year ?

Cheers

Ian

Sponsored Links
For twice a year buy a corded one and an extension lead. Leaving a battery 6 months between uses doesn't help it's longevity.

Thanks, looking at various ones...cant seem to see "corded combis" though, seem to be corded drill/hammers although some of the them come with separate cordless screwdrivers which come with the aforementioned batteries. Im looking at something that does all 3, but corded...any recomendations ??

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back