Cordless Drill Driver recommendations?

sort of but to spell it out

a hilti te6a and a hilti te7a and a makita chorded 110v sds sdrill cannot drill 6.5mm masonry holes as fast as a hilti 15.6v hammer drill. If you don't know that you haven't experienced it so here I am to tell you.

Added to which it is a most suitable drill to OP's question with knobs on.

Sponsored Links
sort of but to spell it out

a hilti te6a and a hilti te7a and a makita chorded 110v sds sdrill cannot drill 6.5mm masonry holes as fast as a hilti 15.6v hammer drill. If you don't know that you haven't experienced it so here I am to tell you.

Added to which it is a most suitable drill to OP's question with knobs on.

I don't doubt what you are saying. But!!! I still find it incredible that a 15.6v battery percussion drill can out drill in concrete/masonry a 1000w SDS hammer drill. I would have to try them both out first. How much is this wonder Hilti drill?

What is max size hole in concrete? Can it drill a 110mm core?

If it is as good as you say all tradesmen can get rid of a whole raft of tools and just have this one.

Shall I explain? Ok.

I think what Paul was getting at is that a cordless drill will be able to take on a 6.5mm hole easily, plus has the advantage of being CORDLESS! You'd be a nutter to lug an SDS about for bog standard 'plug n screw' applications.

I hope that was what he was saying.

Yes read it again, it is what I said, don't read into it what was not said or what was not in context. Consider op's question, look at your answers and see how far from his question your response is and your interpretation of my response.

Sponsored Links
I would like to reinforce the point that the Hilti pistol drills are of excellent quality but that they also do the job better than any other make equivalent I have experienced to the degree that they can drill a 6.5mm hole faster than an sds drill of similar quality.

The thing is Hilti as a company clearly make a drill for a purpose for a tradesman.

I never forget how pleased I was when I bought my first Hilti a te72. It was after an install where I needed 3 22mm holes below damp proof level in a tall building 3 very hard and damp bricks thick. I near enough burned out my dewalt sds drill taking vertually all morning.

When the te72 arrived first job I said right let's see how long it takes. It was less than 30 seconds to drill through two brick solid wall, doing so without any fuss.

When you drill holes for a living these issues are close to your heart.

I would like to reinforce the point that the Hilti pistol drills are of excellent quality but that they also do the job better than any other make equivalent I have experienced to the degree that they can drill a 6.5mm hole faster than an sds drill of similar quality.

The thing is Hilti as a company clearly make a drill for a purpose for a tradesman.

I never forget how pleased I was when I bought my first Hilti a te72. It was after an install where I needed 3 22mm holes below damp proof level in a tall building 3 very hard and damp bricks thick. I near enough burned out my dewalt sds drill taking vertually all morning.

When the te72 arrived first job I said right let's see how long it takes. It was less than 30 seconds to drill through two brick solid wall, doing so without any fuss.

When you drill holes for a living these issues are close to your heart.

Hilti are a class act along with Panasonic and Kango. Makita, etc are a level beneath. It is amazing how many people think Makita are best, like they think Worcester-Bosch and Vaillant are the best boilers too. All are middle range.

I have only ever seen Hilti sds drills (te72) for hire. How much are their tools?

I see your point is having tools that do things fast., as time is money and wasting it on mundane unskilled tasks is frustrating for skilled men. The average diyer or pro who only occasionally uses an SDS would buy Ryobi/Makit/DeWalt etc. So, it may take twice as long.

I did use an SDS a few months ago and was quite impressive. A £25 2kg 1000w cheapo from Aldi. Sailed through the double brick wall. Sometime cheap throw away tools do surprise...and last to the pros surprise. Using top quality bits in them makes a difference. Those who cheap tools tend to buy cheap bits as well.
[/wiki]

Yes now you read me and I you.

The te72 secondhand on ebay 2 years ago 100 quid, long outlasts standard sds drills and powers through the wall at 10 times the speed, Knocks down wall aswell.

for non sds pistol drills I owned a number of the dewalt 18 volt ones, best thing you can say about them is good chuck.

The hilti equivalent is like using a sherman tank compared to a 2cv to invade Iraq, both will get over the sand dunes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back