What could possibly go wrong?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Available from Argos. In 1984.
42DA29BF-CCBF-4171-8ADA-1769E3E682BC.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I've got one of those with a single speed D500 drill. Don't use it but might be a collector's item one day! Mine dates back to the early 70's though.

Sponsored Links
feck! I had one of those 3 houses back, the kitchen worktop has a nice big gash in it (luckily I do not).

My jigsaw broke and I had to finish cutting and grandads old saw was all I had. Not seen it for years (which does not mean I dont still have it lol)

You can still see them for sale on ebay but why the hell anyone would want to buy one nowadays, maybe just as a collectors item to show the grand kids how we used to cut would in the olden days, not with waterjets and lasers like now

I remember my dad being so chuffed when he bought a b&d drill. He'd bought a very big house in terrible condition and did almost everything by hand for a couple of years because funds were tight. He even spent an hour every night straightening nails to reuse! I still had it until the mid 80's for sentimental reasons

He also had an orbital sander and jigsaw eventually
They did nothing very well

Amazing now that you can buy lidl/aldi or screwfix tools for so little

My dad's pride and joy tools where a solid brass brace and bit, all his wood bits had a tapered shank and would just push into the brace, also had a selection of metal bodied wolf drills, after he passed away a put them all away in the loft, couldn't bare to part with them, they're useless tools but they're his useless tools

My old man had all those. A dull green/beige colour IIRC and in a big blow-moulded case - it always seems a bit James Bondish when he got all the gear out and started connecting things together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back