What counts as clipped direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BAS, I see that you're still exhorting DIYers to have a copy of the Electrician's Guide to the B.Regs - just as you have done in the past with the OSG.

Such publications might be your cup of tea, dear, as an undeniably gifted and intelligent DIYer . But why do you say that the ordinary DIYer should possess such books?

Take the time to read the prefaces of those books, BAS, and you will see that they are for the guidance of experienced electricians and certainly not for amateurs.

If you want to help beginners, then recommend a 'Beginners Guide' and not a publication directed at 'the trade'. Moreover, don't expect others to measure up to your own lofty standards.

I hope I've made myself clear to you, dear, and that you won't feel the need for a lengthy and tedious blow-by-blow quoted reply.

"Electrician's Guide". It's there in the title........

Lucia.

Sponsored Links
Yep, and still not a clip in sight :)
t222387.jpg

Such publications might be your cup of tea, dear, as an undeniably gifted and intelligent DIYer . But why do you say that the ordinary DIYer should possess such books?
To raise them up from the level of "ordinary" DIYer to someone who knows enough to do a proper job.

Take the time to read the prefaces of those books, BAS, and you will see that they are for the guidance of experienced electricians and certainly not for amateurs.
My unshakable conviction is that anyone who is unable to understand them has no business doing electrical work.

If you want to help beginners, then recommend a 'Beginners Guide' and not a publication directed at 'the trade'.
I do: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=75416#75416

Moreover, don't expect others to measure up to your own lofty standards.
I expect anyone who does anything to strive to do it to the utmost of his ability, and to seek every opportunity to improve his skills.

I hope I've made myself clear to you, dear,
Oh, absolutely.

and that you won't feel the need for a lengthy and tedious blow-by-blow quoted reply.
None of those - just a point-by-point rebuttal of every one of your dismally negative beliefs.

Such a shame that you expect so much from a DIYer, BAS.

Perhaps we could persuade the IEE to change those titles to:

"The DIYer/Electricians Guide to the Building Regulations".

" The Numpty's Guide to the OSG".

"BS7671 for beginners".........

Get realistic BAS dear! I have a genuine admiration for your peripharal skills in electrics. But I have no opinion of your bad manners and an even lesser opinion of your expectation that your fellow DIYer's should be as clever as you - and let's face it dear, you wouldn't like if they were, would you?

Lucia.

Sponsored Links
Such a shame that you expect so much from a DIYer, BAS.
Such a shame that you should expect so little, and encourage them to do no more.

Get realistic BAS dear!
Get back to la-la land, PoD vilemouth.

I have a genuine admiration for your peripharal skills in electrics. But I have no opinion of your bad manners
I have a very firm opinion of yours.

and an even lesser opinion of your expectation that your fellow DIYer's should be as clever as you
What shamefully low standards you wish to see accepted.

and let's face it dear, you wouldn't like if they were, would you?
And let's face it you deeply offensive ****, I don't give a **** what you think.

Crikey BAS dear! You're quite a drinker aren't you?

Let me explain something to you, sweetheart: You're quite clearly a gifted amateur - but that didn't happen overnight, did it? No, it didn't. I've watched your development over many years on quite a few fora - and your knowledge has come from a great deal of swotting and a not inconsiderable capacity to store technical (but otherwise trivial. to most) information.

I can remember the time when you used to ask basic questions, but no one told you to get a copy of a publication for professionals, did they?

I congratulate you on your wide knowledge of this industry, being as you are, an 'outsider' - but try to understand, dear that the average DIYer needs a little help and not a great deal of boring education like what you've got.........

Lucia.

Crikey BAS dear! You're quite a drinker aren't you?
Crikey PoD scumsucker, I'm not.

Let me explain something to you, sweetheart: You're quite clearly a gifted amateur - but that didn't happen overnight, did it?
Let me explain something to you, ****, no, it didn't.

I can remember the time when you used to ask basic questions, but no one told you to get a copy of a publication for professionals, did they?
No, but I wish they had.

I congratulate you on your wide knowledge of this industry, being as you are, an 'outsider' - but try to understand, dear that the average DIYer needs a little help and not a great deal of boring education like what you've got.........
As I have said on many occasions I do not, and never will, agree with the idea of people inserting this wire here into that hole there by being talked through it on a help and advice forum but not really understanding why.

I firmly believe, and always will, that if, having for example made the all-blacks-are-neutrals mistake with a light someone cannot look at diagrams of how lighting circuits are wired, and work out for themselves where they went wrong and how to put it right then they have no business even picking up a screwdriver.

Learning is not compulsory, but if they cannot or will not learn then as far as I'm concerned the answer is get an electrician.

I'm not getting into this ******g contest. If I want that, I'll go to the SF forum.

The original questionn aksed if clipped direct meant it was actually connected to something. From then on, the poster revealed he's rewiring his house, under an LABC notification.

Surely, we should advise him to read up as much as possible and ask for advice or clarification. Since January 2005, this also includes BR and BAS was right to suggest the electricain's guide.

If the OP cannot follow the regs he is out of his depth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back