What do I do with England flag if England lose?

I have a huge England football flag proudly flying on the front of my house. I don't want to sound unduly negative, but if England fail to escape from the group and exit the World Cup, what is the etiquette regarding the flag?

I think my choices are:

1. Take it down immediately and store until next time
2. Keep it flying until the end of the competition to show continued support
3. Take it down, dye it black and re-fly it :cry: .

Hello HBoy, your question just caught my eye. I can understand how you are feeling about "England team", does not look good, does it!

With regard your dilemma about the flag. Would you consider keeping the flag flying?

If we can all fly a flag in support of our football team, how about keeping it up because we are English, and we like being English and despite our country's economic difficulties and other problems we are glad to be living in England!

My wife and I always fly the St. George flag, it is forever flying in the garden, atop a home-made flag pole which although home-made does not detract from the pride with which we fly it. In fact, we have always received positive comments about its presence in our garden.

Since we erected the pole and hoisted the flag, about seven years ago now, there have been many other residents in our village who also fly the St. George's flag. This is just a thought I share with you. sagleo

Sponsored Links
Back