What do I need to buy to clamp this to outside window sill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Eufy Solar Panel that I'm looking to clamp into the position in the picture, using the edge of the window sill to clamp to. There is a screw hole on the back of the panel (also pictured). Want as little of the clamp visible as possible from the top side of the window sill.

Obviously I'm not expecting a pre-made clamp to exist...but I'm not really sure what bits to search for to combine to make the clamp I need.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpeg
    IMG_0256.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0257.jpeg
    IMG_0257.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
Find out what thread is in the panel.

why are you clamping?
is it to hold in one direction/angle?
or security from a fall?

Something like this?

Andy

This could work, but I'm not sure it'll hold the panel far enough away from the window sill so that it doesn't overlap it.

Find out what thread is in the panel.

why are you clamping?
is it to hold in one direction/angle?
or security from a fall?
How does one find out the thread?

Clamping it there as it allows me to non-permanently clamp in an inconspicuous location without having to drill whilst still maintaining sunlight for its purpose.

Sponsored Links
Measure the open aperture in the hole, then use some screw tables to work out which thread it is, looks like it might be M5 or so, but difficult to scale from the photo - dont forget that the measure you see is approximately the root diameter of the thread, not the outer diameter.

If the hole is 6mm across then it might be M8 with a 1mm deep thread. The hole you see is the base of the threaded part for the matching screw.

It could be 1/4” Whitworth, which is the standard tripod screw?
if so, you could use a camera bracket to fix it. They tend to have a locking ball and socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back