What Do I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm 60 and been doing electrical work (AC and DC) since I was fifteen, the usual domestic stuff from an extra point to a complete rewire.

What do I need in the way of qualifications so I can be Part P registered? I've been reading the threads for a while and getting a bit confused about it all! Talk about complicated...

Mike in Wales

Sponsored Links
Have a read of this http://www2.theiet.org/Publish/Wire.../2007_22_spring_wiring_matters_competency.pdf

It may help put things in perspective.

The formal route will take 3 years+, you may not want to go back to school for that length of time so you could just opt for a "Domestic Installer" course as run by NICEIC, NAPIT etc and accepted by them as membership entry qual.

Whichever route you take, be prepared to shell out for expensive test equipment,public liability insurance and £400+ a year to be a member of one of the Part P registartion schemes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back