What do they paint/treat fence panels with? (Clear finish)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got 20+ 5ft fence panels that need their first "paint".

Want to "paint' (or spray) a clear/natural wood colour but all the usual Ronseal fence/shed stuff is browns, greys, greys, blues, etc.

What can I use????

(Remember I have to do at least 20 panels (both sides of at least:cool:

Sponsored Links
The natural colour of a fence that has been left untreated to weather is a sort of light grey with a bit of brown in it.

is that the natural colour you want?

Freshly cut softwood is mostly near white with a hint of yellow or brown.

I hadn't thought that deeply about it.

They were the yellow colour when purchased 2 years ago and are now the brown/grey colour.

The wood yard where i bought them said they'd be fine for a couple of years so this is the first time of repainting.

Not too fussed on the colour (would accept either/or) as long as they look natural. Use Ronseal Ducksback Harvest Brown for the shed and kids climbing frame but too artifical a brown.

Sponsored Links
Does it go far? Can't see an mention of coverage on the listing? As I mentioned in the original post, there are a few panels to go at = 33 x 5x6ft.

(Which reminds me, plus 12 bits of 1x6ft trellis which I need to make!!!)

It always go far when you use a sprayer. Anyway you will need as much to do 2 coats.

Andy

Found COVERAGE "Approx coverage: 1 litre to 3-4m2"

Each fence is 2.7m2 (per side) so around 6.5 panels per tin (one coat) = 5 TINS (APPROX £125)

Without wanting to appear to be scrimping, is this the best option?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back