What do you listen to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have listened to Radio 2 in the office for, well, for the whole time i've worked here. It is however, increasingly getting on my nerves. They seem to be slowly moving down the Radio 1 route of having about 6-8 songs which get played at least 4 times between 9am and 5pm and you just end up sick of hearing these songs. And if Steve Wright gets any more annoying (takling/singing over tracks and saying such stupid things) and big-headed he'll not be able to keep going on all the holidays he takes because he wont be able to get his big head out of the studio door.

I quite like the mix of old and new stuff but they get a few of the latest releases and play them to death. We did try switching to local commerical radio but while the mix of songs is better (and they have the 'no repeat promise' between 9 and 5) you end up knowing the four or five adverts they play all the time off by heart!!

What does everyone else listen to and can someone suggest what we can switch to?

Sponsored Links
I'm too old for the music they play these days. I find BBC local stations such as WM keeps me interested. :D

Stream radio off the net: there are thousands of stations to choose from, no adverts or talkies, just moozic of whatever genre floats your boat.

I trust that you pay your dues to the PRS for having the radio on in the office???!

totally agree about radio 2. when it gets to steve wright the radio goes off as he irritates the hell off all of us at work. jeremy vine is not much better, i think he just plays the idiot on a lot of the phone ins, but it just annoys me as well.

I started listening to local bbc radio as well, actually quite enjoy it!

Sponsored Links
When Steve Wright comes on, radio off, CD player on.
When I worked in a factory everybody brought in CDs. Hear loads of different types of good music that you wouldn't normally think of listening to.

when it gets to steve wright the radio goes off as he irritates the hell off all of us at work.

Quite agree, he's a big headed sod., especially when he reads out the messages,,,,, "Love the BiiiiiiiG show Steve, keep up the good work",,,,,, what work?, another abuse of public money, ,,,arse hole. :mad:

Roughcaster.

I must be getting old - I listen to radio 4 more than any other station.

bit of a mish-mash of Absolute (Virgin), X-fm, Capital Gold & the 11gb of random stuff on the laptop

Wave 105 or Coast 106 down here but they do get tedious so on goes the Jean Michel Jarre CD's

if its 2 presenters or a woman it goes straight off and can't be bothered with their bloo8y rabbiting rubbish.

If Steve Wright was half as funny as he thinks he is he'd be hilarious.

Radio 1 for me. Sorry, but Im still young

No need to make exscuses, you'll grow out of it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back