what electric water heater?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a good electric water heater capable of running a kitchen sink, shower and small wash basin. Any recommendations appreciated especially if you have used one.

any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
We would really need to know how many people need to take a shower ?
I could say a standard cylinder could supply the needs you mention above.
If your needs are for more people, then an electric 8.5 kw shower may be a better solution, can your supply provide a 40 Amp circuit, if not then would a 3Kw immersion element in a cylinder provide a fast enough recovery rate for every body ? I personally have free solar hot water most of the year.

Sponsored Links
Something like this, maybe? :eek:
9.5 Kw ? may satisfy your needs :) not so ECO despite having eco in its name, that will buzz the meter with a high leccy bill :mad:
I will carry on with my solar, my hybrid heat pump and low energy costs. ;)

9.5 Kw ? may satisfy your needs :) not so ECO despite having eco in its name, that will buzz the meter with a high leccy bill :mad:
I will carry on with my solar, my hybrid heat pump and low energy costs. ;)

True, but I was suggesting a simple low cost solution. I guessed the OP didn't want to invest thouisands of pounds in providing hot water for a sink and shower.

The flat is not finished yet hence inquiry.
It will be for a small flat that will only be for one or two people at most.
The redring looks quite good thanks

Thanks for your help guys.

9.5 Kw ? may satisfy your needs :) not so ECO despite having eco in its name, that will buzz the meter with a high leccy bill
If you're going to object to a 9.5kW shower on those grounds, how is an 8.5kW significantly better?
If your needs are for more people, then an electric 8.5 kw shower may be a better solution

I'd be reluctant to use that sort of heater for a shower - it doesn't appear to have any anti-scald feature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back