What flux do you use

A bit off topic Delta t , but Glasgow ect are you a celtic or rangers man ?

Fella I work with , his son who is just back from the under 16 world cup that was in Sweden , he got the golden boot award out there , has been approached by Celtic , he has got to go up there for a trial/game !!

Rangers to the bone Transam!!

A bit of background; Celtic Boys Club was full of kiddy fiddlers - just like the Roman Catholic Church and just like the Pope, they swept it under the carpet. Another thing about them; Celtic have a reputation of signing 100s of boys to maintain a pool of young players, these kids of course can't sign for any other club & have very little chance of making it to the first team.

What a great achievment for the young fella, he sounds as if he'll have a good future in the game, but I'd not advise a trail there.

Sponsored Links
Dont beat about the bush Delta just say it how you see it :LOL:

Whats th difference between acne and a catholic priest.

Acne does not usually come on an alter boys face till he is 13.

Had this conversation with 4 or 5 fitters today in merchants.

All had tried Laco, but had had the same results as me, so went back to everflux.

Must be a Norwich thing :confused: :eek: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A working man doing a manual job has ingrained dirt on his hands & should be proud of it.

Aye and should fart out loud, belch and pick their noses as well the sign of a real man to be sure.
Dirt under the fingernails.. real plumbers have s41te and are proud of it !

Me I'll stick with latex gloves, as women seem to prefer nice girlie hands much more sensititve you see. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Not sure if the above about grit was a joke, but if not...

Laco is a self-cleaning flux. I really don't believe that any such fluxes have grit put in them - not by the manufacturers anyway.

Still prefer Powerflow though.

Gassbanni i agree with you i have this thing about protecting my hands and knees evn trousers as for you Pullit i know about barrier cream and probably alot more about this trade then someone like you

Have you actually ever posted anything useful on this site or is it just always rants of immature immbecile that you surely are

As for walking around with ingrained dirt in your hands and being proud of it,what is that about ,sound like total nonesense to me and someone who can not clean hands properly.may i suggest you buy some swarfega especially the orange hand cleaner it will clean out all the ingrained filth

All had tried Laco, but had had the same results as me, so went back to everflux.

Dunno 'bout that gas4you, been using it for 30 years or more - the first ten thousand or so were the most difficult......, with the green hands to go with it (although with those dinky blue latex mittens it is staring to wear away!), I do give every fitting and pipe end a going over with a pipe cleaning brush (essential, even if I do wear one out in a fortnight) before fluxing up. I do get the occasional leaker, who doesn't, and 'lock-up' has been an issue now and again.

I do not smell it all these days even though my family moan about the pong if I do not change out of my workwear before teatime. Now, if another plumber is using, say, everflux, I can smell it down the street.

I'll catch up with you at the merchants one day I'm sure.

DH

I do smell awfull these days my family moan about the pong if I do not change out of my workwear before teatime they all throw up. Another plumber says, I can be smelt all down the street.

I'll catch up with you at the merchants one day I'm sure. but if you smell me first you'll be off.

DH

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

GasBanni. never a truer word !!!!!!!!!! ;)

You are such a cheeky monkey.

DH

(I guess I did walk into that one) :rolleyes:

Gassbanni i agree with you i have this thing about protecting my hands and knees evn trousers as for you Pullit i know about barrier cream and probably alot more about this trade then someone like you

Dream on Jessie................ :LOL: :LOL:

I've never met a decent Plumber that wears gloves.
Oi 'Happyplumber' yer not very happy are you?? Just a bit of a rsole.

A working man doing a manual job has ingrained dirt on his hands & should be proud of it.

Aye and should fart out loud, belch and pick their noses as well the sign of a real man to be sure.
Dirt under the fingernails.. real plumbers have s41te and are proud of it !

Me I'll stick with latex gloves, as women seem to prefer nice girlie hands much more sensititve you see. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Don't be such a ponce 'gasbag', gloves are for poofs.

Certainly 'lock-up' can be a big problem on fittings with self-cleaning fluxes. I've always found that if you slightly warm up the tube & fitting - before assembling, that'll solve that problem.

Not sure if the above about grit was a joke, but if not...

Laco is a self-cleaning flux. I really don't believe that any such fluxes have grit put in them - not by the manufacturers anyway.

Still prefer Powerflow though.
OK it may not be actual 'Grit', but it is some kind of 'fine gritty media' that it present, to work as an abrasive and clean the joint prior to soldering.
But it is this that actually causes the joint to lock up when fitting together

Worst flux I used apart from the solder paint type I used ounce is the powerflux , that seemed to cause lock up on fittings !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back