What flux do you use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a discussion in the pub tonight with a couple of other pipeheads about flux!
One of my mates has broken out in a rash and thinks it is because he has changed flux as the mob he works for now supply Everflux and for the past few years he has been using Powerflux.
Personally i always use Laco. I find Powerflux makes the fittings (end feeds) stick like glue and i get itchy just looking at Everflux. Used to love the smell of the old Fry stuff!
Just looking for an opinion. What do you use/find best.

Sponsored Links
I've just added this opinion into a post on gas for blowlamps.

I've used Powerflow for many years. You get a clear indication of when the joint is at the correct soldering temperature, and the self-cleaning effect is very good. It stays water soluble, and doesn't sting a cut hand all that much.

Sponsored Links
Always Everflux for me.

I did try Laco for about 1 month, but even with careful cleaning of pipes and fittings, I had never had so many leaks. :mad:

Must have been something I was doing wrong :oops:

Always Everflux for me.

I did try Laco for about 1 month, but even with careful cleaning of pipes and fittings, I had never had so many leaks. :mad:

Must have been something I was doing wrong :oops:
Perhaps you forgot to apply heat and solder!!! :LOL:

laco, just make sure you wipe it off your skin. had a blob on my arm a few weeks ago and didnt notice til it started burning

Apparently in strength they go
Yorkshire > Laco > Powerflow > Everflux
and the stronger ones are nastier to things like stainless steel retention rings in pushfit fittings.
I've also seen Everflux "grow" a green goo inside a damp pipe.
I use Laco cos it's cheap and they do a pot with a brush in the lid - though I just refill it!

Laco, that everflux caused a right rash on the hand of a bloke I worked with 35 years ago, the skin on his arm went funny where he got a bit on it as well, he was a ginger haired type, contact seemed to affect him more than me.

I have took laco at it's word as self cleaning and hardly clean the pipe or fitting, works fine, fek knows what gas4you was doing with it, you wern't using as a lube for pushfit were you ? :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back