What gland do I need for Lap flood light?

Sponsored Links
is there a way to fit these in series so when 1 pir detects, they all light up?????? maybe I need a different post for this question?
You ok on the same topic. As I mentioned before, the modern integrated lights with on board PIR often do not provide the facility to gang up additional lights and PIRs.
That’s why separate PIR(s) plus separate slave floodlights works better.

The PIRs and lights would be in PARALLEL, not in series. Here’s one way to do it.

PIR parallel.jpg

Last edited:
If the op uses anything other than LAP, he will almost certainly need a junction box, as virtually all LED floods appear to have a pre-wired flex already fitted, and the fitting is sealed.

Sponsored Links
If the op uses anything other than LAP, he will almost certainly need a junction box, as virtually all LED floods appear to have a pre-wired flex already fitted, and the fitting is sealed.
Robus aren't pre-flexed, though as you point out the overwhelming majority of units are.

Robus - that's worth knowing.

Are they easy to connect? That LAP connector looks a PITA.

Not too bad when you are doing it with a short length of flex resting on something in the back of the van, but not sure I'd fancy it up a ladder with and existing flex, tbh

Also, I think they issued similar to a recall notice, but it was called a safety notice, and didnt want them back in, pointing out that the cable entry isn't suitable for twin and earth cable, and a colleague went to a call out where this was the problem, it had let moisure in and was down on IR and tripping RCD

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back