What glue should I use?

Sponsored Links
Mark-UK, good evening.

An "observation?"

Am I correct in assuming that this vent terminates externally?

if so? there is a very, very high probability that in winter months cold air will [probably] blow into the house?

Can I suggest that you consider fitting a vent terminal with "loaded" flaps that close when air is not flowing from the house, which in all probability will be most of the time?

Ken

Hi Ken,

The vents (either side) are to facilitate airflow into the roof of my shed so as to prevent build-up of condensation.

Sponsored Links
AAaa

Then the last thing you need is to follow my suggestion??

Mark-UK, good evening, again.

OK never used the material you are considering, but is the "reviews" are to be believed then i would go for it.

Ken

You would only need a cheap silicone if fitted vertical, or external panel adhesive (no-nails type) for horizontal as the key thing to not to cut to holes too big but rely on friction.

Make sure the vents are suitable for driven rain if being fitted vertically, else water will be getting in through them

You would only need a cheap silicone if fitted vertical, or external panel adhesive (no-nails type) for horizontal as the key thing to not to cut to holes too big but rely on friction.

Make sure the vents are suitable for driven rain if being fitted vertically, else water will be getting in through them
Funny you should mention this as only the other day we had driving rain and I was thinking the vents might not be enough to keep it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back