What happened at Ideal Boilers their boilers now appear to be amongst the best

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What happened at the company - who was axed who was hired? What sort of a company is it to work for? It is strange to find a manufacturing success in the UK – look at the complete unsalable crap produced in the UK that has no hope of an export market. How does Ravenheat survive and Halstead? The boiler market is fortunately very competitive. How long before our boilers (like washing machines) are coming via container from the Far East?

Ideal having produced crap for so long they now have to attract the best installers! Looking over the logic + I was impressed by the layout and ease of servicing and the reports appear excellent coming back from installations. Simplicity appears the order of the day – if there are more than one way of accomplishing a goal the simplest is infinitely better .As Ideal pour their own ali boilers I wonder how this element compares to the competition and perhaps to the Giannoni used in so many other makes and indeed in Ideal’s own top of the range Vogue. How come that even the Logic 35 has a 15mm gas supply? I believe Ideal now insist on only installing the quality parts - ever so much cheaper particularly with their 7 and10 year guarantees!

The problem for any company in the UK is finding good employees – or any employee’s. It is the only country in the World where work is entirely discretionary and permanent unemployment (particularly when one has some children which triggers all sorts of consideration) can be more advantageous than employment.

So good luck Ideal

Sponsored Links
They hired in a team of Swiss cheese makers who came up with their heat exchanger.
Then a couple of ravers designed how fast the light should flash on the flow switch.

Sponsored Links
What comes next - the Ravenheat revival.....?

What happened at the company - who was axed who was hired? What sort of a company is it to work for? It is strange to find a manufacturing success in the UK – look at the complete unsalable crap produced in the UK that has no hope of an export market. How does Ravenheat survive and Halstead? The boiler market is fortunately very competitive. How long before our boilers (like washing machines) are coming via container from the Far East?

Ideal having produced crap for so long they now have to attract the best installers! Looking over the logic + I was impressed by the layout and ease of servicing and the reports appear excellent coming back from installations. Simplicity appears the order of the day – if there are more than one way of accomplishing a goal the simplest is infinitely better .As Ideal pour their own ali boilers I wonder how this element compares to the competition and perhaps to the Giannoni used in so many other makes and indeed in Ideal’s own top of the range Vogue. How come that even the Logic 35 has a 15mm gas supply? I believe Ideal now insist on only installing the quality parts - ever so much cheaper particularly with their 7 and10 year guarantees!

The problem for any company in the UK is finding good employees – or any employee’s. It is the only country in the World where work is entirely discretionary and permanent unemployment (particularly when one has some children which triggers all sorts of consideration) can be more advantageous than employment.

So good luck Ideal

How long have you worked for ideal then?
If you don't work for them I don't see the point of your post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back