What happens if light goes ON infront of a PIR?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Yale security system which has PIR sensors in every room.

1) I always wondered what would happen if the I set the room light on a timer so it goes ON and OFF when I go on holiday or dark evenings.
Will it trigger the PIR?

2) A friend left his birds in a cage with me as he went on holiday. Is it OK to leave the cage in the "looking felid" of the PIR? or they will trigger the alarm?

3) When the alarm goes off [activated], will it wail forever? and how to stop it when someone is away from the house?

Sponsored Links
1) I always wondered what would happen if I set the room light on a timer so it goes ON and OFF when I go on holiday or dark evenings.
Will it trigger the PIR?
You're not supposed to, but in my experience it doesn't. You're also not supposed to have them looking out of windows.
3) When the alarm goes off [activated], will it wail forever?
No, if you read the instruction book again you will see how you can set the number of minutes it hoots.
how to stop it when someone is away from the house?
Depends what model it is. What?

1, No it will not bother it as long as it is not right next to it.
2, No, yes they will.
3, As long as its timed for. Depends as above, why would you? How would you know what was going on ? You could be turning off a genuine activation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back