What have you bought today?

Arrived today. Pretty disappointing how little a bag you get for the money it cost. I’m distinctly unimpressed. Still, she'll like it. I hope! :rolleyes:
Bloody thing fell to pieces and it has only been used three times. Sent it back on Monday and they sent a replacement today. I hope this one last longer!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A highly waterproof dog-walking coat for Mrs Mottie. Along with the beauty advent calendar, that’s her Christmas presents all sorted. I may treat her to half a greenhouse for the allotment - she can treat me to the other half. :mrgreen:

4 x Kumho all seasons tyres for my van for trip to Czech Republic. The old ones have just about had it. The rears are 13 years old. :eek:

Also a Tomtom with Euro maps otherwise who knows where I'll end up.

Sponsored Links
That’s not bad. I’ve been paying nearly treble that online for 12.5kg. I usually buy 4Kg at Sainsbury’s for £3.50.

If you like feeding birds then sooner or later you gonna work out what birds like to eat.

Mixed bird seed is strictly for consumers. If you like feeding birds & can spend the time watching them feed, then you'll soon discover that a feeder full of mixed seed doesn't really work well.

Much, much better to have multiple feeders full of individual seeds & let the birds choose whatever suits them.

I am surprised they passed an MOT.

Advice is to replace after 10 years, due to degradation of the rubber.
Only vehicles that can be failed on tyres over 10 years old are anything with 8 passenger seats or more. Basically mini-busses and that’s only recently come in.

I have done. I’ve worked out that a mixture of birds like a mixture of seed.

If you put mixed bird seed into one single feeder, then you might notice they shake their beaks in the feeder to sort out the wheat from the chaff & only eat what is desireable to them at that particular time, the rest of it ends up on the floor for the rats.

Do you like birds, or do you just like feeding birds???

If you put mixed bird seed into one single feeder, then you might notice they shake their beaks in the feeder to sort out the wheat from the chaff & only eat what is desireable to them at that particular time, the rest of it ends up on the floor for the rats.

Do you like birds, or do you just like feeding birds???
They are not in feeders. They are on hanging bird tables. The wood pigeons take what they like and leave the rest, the doves take what they like and leave the rest, the starlings take what they like and leave the rest, the tits take what they like and leave the rest, the Robin…..oh, you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am surprised they passed an MOT.

Advice is to replace after 10 years, due to degradation of the rubber.

So am I. They're almost down to the wear indicators, but no perishing or other signs of age. Not bad for budget Chinese radials - Cheng Shin I think. Had more expensive, branded tyres in the past that wore a lot quicker than these.

So am I. They're almost down to the wear indicators, but no perishing or other signs of age. Not bad for budget Chinese radials - Cheng Shin I think. Had more expensive, branded tyres in the past that wore a lot quicker than these.

I've just replaced a couple of 8-year old tyres. They were starting to perish. Oddly, the tyres on the winter rims (kept in a dark garage) are a year older and not perished. maybe it's sunlight, as well as ozone attack.

Sponsored Links
Back