What have you Bought thats British made

Sponsored Links
I'm just on my way out to purchase a few pints of Tribute made about 3 or 4 streets away.
zesty and fresh pale ale brewed with specially sourced ingredients, including Cornish Gold malt and hops from the UK and the USA

zesty and fresh pale ale brewed with specially sourced ingredients, including Cornish Gold malt and hops from the UK and the USA

I'll be honest with you, it's OK but not my favourite local beer. I overheard a couple of elderly locals discussing it in a pub in Charlestown many years ago, they were saying St Austell Brewery could never make a great ale because of the water from a local spring that was used, it filters through the surrounding granite which taints the flavour. Skinners in Truro (went broke last year but have been bought) seem to be the best using tap water from SW water.
Nonetheless, St Austells are a good traditional family owned brewery.

Sponsored Links
I'll be honest with you, it's OK but not my favourite local beer. I overheard a couple of elderly locals discussing it in a pub in Charlestown many years ago, they were saying St Austell Brewery could never make a great ale because of the water from a local spring that was used, it filters through the surrounding granite which taints the flavour. Skinners in Truro (went broke last year but have been bought) seem to be the best using tap water from SW water.
Nonetheless, St Austells are a good traditional family owned brewery.

Tribute isn't too bad, better than many. Proper job is a bit too strong though. I have always liked Doom Bar. Wherever you go it seems to be a good pint and enjoyable. My father's friend's son bought Sharps some years ago and scaled up production with new storage facilities at Avonmouth, Bristol so he could distribute the beer further over UK. Eventually so successful Coors bought them out. Not sure a Cornishman would approve though, or even necessarily consider Sharps to be Cornish any more. Still a nice pint though.

Tribute isn't too bad, better than many. Proper job is a bit too strong though. I have always liked Doom Bar. Wherever you go it seems to be a good pint and enjoyable. My father's friend's son bought Sharps some years ago and scaled up production with new storage facilities at Avonmouth, Bristol so he could distribute the beer further over UK. Eventually so successful Coors bought them out. Not sure a Cornishman would approve though, or even necessarily consider Sharps to be Cornish any more. Still a nice pint though.

Funnily enough, Doombar, where available was my favourite beer when I moved down here almost 18 years ago but it did suddenly go downhill and change flavour, and this was several years before they were taken over.

20240323_141948.jpg

So I found something today made in Britain

One cutter two sizes. What will they think of next.
One cutter all sizes. I have a thing which is pistol shaped, a squeeze of the trigger slides a very sharp blade out. Does the range up to " 2 inch". SAdly it wouldn't surprise me if this country can't make them.....

I bought this:

Not the most glamorous thing, buts made in U.K.:

I bought this:

Not the most glamorous thing, buts made in U.K.:

To cap that off I will say your right,
it's not Glamorous at all.

Is this what Britain is reduced to? Bits of brass?
I know, I have foreign compression fittings which are crap. Conex forever, but really.

I'd be interested to widen the scope of the thread title (heresy I know) to things that you've SEEN IN USE which were made in Britain. Things like computer stuff, automobile stuff, medical, clever software, anything technically demanding the country might do well from.

Any Ideas? I haven't.:(

Sponsored Links
Back