who's British

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
do people born in the UK consider themselves English ,Welsh. Scottish, Irish,Asian, African , European ,or British , and what does being british mean. :confused: :) is Britain a nation, or a home grown ( mini EEC) or is being British really being English. :?:

Sponsored Links
Welsh.

From what I gather, if you're not from the UK, being British means being part of 'Greater England'.

Yank: 'So where you from'?
Me: 'Wales'
Yank: 'Where?'
Me: 'Wales'.
Yank: 'Where's that?'
Me: 'Part of Great Britain'.
Yank: 'Oh, so your English'.....

Happened to me on several occasions.

.... :rolleyes:

There's no such thing as British any more. We are all European now. Free movement of all people between member states. I didn't vote for the crowd that took us in - so you must have.

Sponsored Links
It's fairly simple. If you are English, Welsh, Scottish, or Northern Irish; then you are also British, and for that matter you are also European.

If you are from the Channel Islands then you are a 'wannabeefrench' :LOL:

i thought some earlier (now deleted) posts must have been a wind up, in bad taste but never the less a wind up surely, i don't want to start another round of insults but surely there are enough reasons as to whether you like someone or not without choosing colour or where they came from, ie can you trust them did they let you down etc. i am Scottish and proud to be British, and i know plenty who agree with my statement and are of different colours and religions.

To be British, no matter what Colour, race or creed, is to have a particular attitude of mind which is in keeping with the laws and constitution of our Country.

It does not matter, because there is an Englishman in every foreigner.

We just have to coax it out, and they will then be complete and happy :p

Its all very xenophobic. Its starts when we are young and its "I'm from this street" and then as we get older the geography widens from district, city, county, country to continent. Next it will be planet.

We've all fought the kid from the different class at school, or the guy down the pub because he was "not from around here"

Whether it really matters or not is debatable

Chippie

I was born in Aberystwyth of two Londoners. Now I live in the NW.

What am I?

English, Welsh, what?

SECURESPARK. you could be a lancastrian,or a cavalry :LOL: :LOL: red rose country god made it just for u :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back