What hinges do i use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i have been approached by extended family that have seen a corner unit i have built. They are wanting me to fit a inset door to a opening on a artificial chimney breast.

The measurements are 515mm H
325mm w
What hinge can i use for this job?

On the one side where the hinge side will be there is no batton so i guess im going to have to fix a batton to that wall aswell so i can hinge it .

Well as you have guessed im not really a woodworker its just my corner unit was pretty simple and with time and patience it turned out well. Im just not wanting to mess this up lol because it aint my house and you cant just say yea that will do.

any advice plz thank you

widow

Sponsored Links
Certainly you will need to fix some timber to the wall for the hinges to be mounted on.
If you want the hinge to be decorative and visible, consider a brassed butterfly type (Toolstation 33896)
If you'd prefer a hinge where you can only see the knuckle, consider a flush hinge (27458)
Failing that, some ordinary brass butts should work fine.
Consider 3 hinges - 1 top, 1 bottom, 1 middle of the door.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back