What size kitchen corner unit doors are needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 925 corner unit from b&q. I would like the two doors to fold out together as one, and clear out of the way.The door opening is an L shape , each side being 325mm. I guess one side will be 325 and the other side will be that, minus the thickness.
I might have just answered my own question would anyone concur? anyway, moving on, what hinges should i order to acheive the maximum clearance to the cupboard.

Sponsored Links
I agree that if I have hinges to the left and right I will need a corner post. I want to create a fold out corner, so both doors swing out on one set of hinges, then hinge again where the two doors join.

I did this by fixing the corner post to the edge of one door, and a piano hinge between the corner post and the other door. The door with the corner post attached got fixed by 180 degree cabinet hinges, and I used a magnetic catch for the 'flappy door' side.

Sponsored Links
what you need to remember is you have the thickness of the doors added to both measurements plus about 3mm for the piano hinge so 300+3+15 so to go tight to the corner you need to move the door 6mm to leave 1mm clearance so may need a half and half hinge

you can increase and reduce the distance the doors will sit at 90% to each other by about 3mm from 1mm with the knuckle [pivot point 0.5mm proud] to 3.5mm to give about 4mm
you may have to have the knuckle more exposed than you like to stop the screws breaking out the back edge dependent on hinge design

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back