What hobbies do you guys have???

Sponsored Links
[/quote] you`re a closet Navvy ;)[/quote]

no i'm an out and out navvy having been doing it for well over 30 years!!

Sponsored Links
who makes your chainmail? I started making some but current finances don't run to buying another 500M of aluminium wire to finish it..

ALUMINIUM ALUMINIUM!!

Seriously that sort of thing is frowned upon, it has to be steel at the very least. I started using coat hangers as it is a least a type of spring steel, it retains its shape much better than fencing wire and isn't too thick.

However , now even that is becoming old hat and is being replaced by proper rivited mail. It's too expensive to make in the western world but it is still used by police forces in places like India and China where knives are used in favour of guns by criminals. The quality can be varyable but has improved a great deal, not cheap but so much more authentic.
Try googling or here maybe

http://www.livinghistory.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19236

Meccano (and I've heard all the jokes about fiddling with my little nuts!)

Taking things apart when broken and then realising after much use of google it's cheaper to by a new one.

Restoring old Bangers, or if you wish an Agony Aunt , most of my wife's friends are either going through or getting divorced and she volunteers my skills to sort things out. (not physically, mind you hhmm)

And restoring old motors.

Restoring old Bangers, or if you wish an Agony Aunt , most of my wife's friends are either going through or getting divorced and she volunteers my skills to sort things out.

so you prefer the old bangers then ?

the aluminium maille halbert was only for a haloween costume, and I thought that a 30-40lb steel one might be a but much for a little kid to trapse round the street in..

I also couldn't find a decent supply of 2mm galv wire to start with.. found out our local wickes does it as fence wire so if I need to I can use that..

Meccano (and I've heard all the jokes about fiddling with my little nuts!)

I have a cubic metre of meccano in the loft. Srsly. In four big wooden crates. Im going to make a 15 foot wingspan model of a Lancaster Bomber at some stage.

My hobby is breathing, several people have offered to help me kick the habbit in the past but without success so far :LOL:

I nearly helped my apprentice kick that habbit on one job..
we were in a cherry picker running SWA along a roof purlin for outside lights.
I passed the cable over a girder and ducked under it as I drove the picker along a few feet to grab it the other side..
my apprentice was distracted and didn't duck.
he was pinned between the cage and the girder at chest height..
he was kicking my foot to get my attention but kept kicking it off the safety pedal as I was trying to lower the cage..

he was alright in the end though..

i think this post has gone off track a bit.... but i will try to redress that...

My hobbies are...

Music... i love rock music, and play the drums, and will this year try to learn the guitar and the flute....

Sport.... love playing squash.. follow Leicester tigers... hate premiership primadonnas...

like DIY... (that's kinda why i'm here...)

Love the outdoors... and the sky.. (day or night)

love a beer and a party.. combined with any of the above !

would like to be better at photography....

Sponsored Links
Back