what is a ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

might sound like an odd question :) in my single storey kitchen extension the ceiling follows the roofline so there are sloping sections at the front and sides, I am assuming these are treated as ceilings as far as concealed wiring is concerned?

However there is also a vertical section of 'ceiling' where the height changes from the high ceiling in the extension to the lower height in the existing house. (this is part of the upstairs outer wall supported by a pair of steels). Can I consider this to be ceiling as well?

And finally - all the regs seem to be about the correct places/zones to put wires in walls, are there any rules for ceilings (particularly in the above situations) or is it okay to just run the wires anywhere as long as it is well supported/neat etc.

thanks for any help

Trev

Sponsored Links
If it's above your head, is not the sky or open beams, then it can be considered a cieling... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back