What is a WMD?

Sponsored Links
You really are thick aren't you. I gave you the figures from an authoritative source. Even added them up so you didn't have to stress your single synapse brain too hard, and you are still refusing to see you are wrong. You are making Joe look like a Nobel laureate here. Thst is the only life achievement you can claim isn't it.. Well done.

You really are thick aren't you. I gave you the figures from an authoritative source. Even added them up so you didn't have to stress your single synapse brain too hard, and you are still refusing to see you are wrong. You are making Joe look like a Nobel laureate here. Thst is the only life achievement you can claim isn't it.. Well done.

There is of course no nobel prize for mathematics.

I think the point he is making is that most MP's are elected on a minority vote, and many votes are "wasted" (we don't have proportional representation).

Which is a fair point, MP's with 20-30% of the vote, getting a party into power with 30-40% of the vote.

Sponsored Links
Er no. You are just as thick.

Anyone remember a government in the UK with over 50% percent of the vote?

The current government got in with 59.1% of the vote.

Labour got 8,609,527 votes, or 29.0% of the vote.

That leaves 11.9% of the votes for minority parties.

Even if in a Proportional representation system they had got 11.9% of the MPs, the current government would have got 59.1% of the MPs.

This is the first government in a long long time which has got over 50% of the vote.

Anyone remember a government in the UK with over 50% percent of the vote?

2010 election results and how they look with different counting systems

FPTP

s1_2010.gif

AV

s3_2010.gif

PR

s5_2010.gif

I'm not sure how much clearer to make this for you chapeau.

There is, of course, the point that 0% of the electorate voted for THIS government.

Yes but it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. The UK is a representative demicracy and you vote for the candidate who then represents you. 59.1% of the votes cast went to candidates who came together to form the current govermnent.

First Past the Post is a system that restricts government to the two major parties.

Proportional Representation would have made no difference to the party/parties having the majority, but at least the minor parties (which many people voted for) would have had a voice.

Whoosh...!

That is the sound of something going right over the top of a certain ignorant hat...:rolleyes:

The UK is a representative demicracy

UK 'demicracy' is about right right though - half a democracy... :LOL:

Well that's what happens when you are posting on a phone when standing up on a train and my glasses need replacing.

Not only are you thick, but you're fikk too. Fikker than a bucket of fikk.

Ha! And while you are picking on spellin mistakes you missed the real error in my post. You are too stupid to notice it so I'll leave it there for somebody else to point out.

Well that's what happens when you are posting on a phone when standing up on a train and my glasses need replacing.

Not only are you thick, but you're fikk too. Fikker than a bucket of fikk.

Ha! And while you are picking on spellin mistakes you missed the real error in my post. You are too stupid to notice it so I'll leave it there for somebody else to point out.

here is the error I think :

35% = 258MP's
so correspondingly 32% should be less not more!

This is what ellal quoted:

35% = 258 MP's
32% = 306 MP's
22% = 57 MP's

The UK is a representative demicracy and you vote for the candidate who then represents you.

You and ellal are so stupid, it's fun watching you two squabble.

Ellal is arguing our democracy is rubbish because it's voted for by a minority, and you argue with whilst providing the ammo he need's to make his point, but he is of course to dense to see it.

The UK is a representative demicracy and you vote for the candidate who then represents you.

See it yet?

Yes, the UK is a representative democracy as you rightly point out, you vote for an MP to represent you, it's the MPs that form government, and make decisions, and hold the power.

And most MP's got in with less than 50% of the vote, some as little as 30%.

The total amount of votes for a party is irrelevant, because people don't vote for parties, they vote for MP's (even if they think otherwise). And if you do want to stupidly argue that the votes for a party DO matter, well UKIP got shy of a million votes and not a single MP, want to call that democratic?

Balls in your court "Thicko"

Sponsored Links
Back