What is cheaper to run Vaillant ecotec plus 837 or 937

None of those websites tell you a blind thing about which will be cheaper to run. One of them stores hot water permanently. If you need hot water frequently and in fairly small quantities this may be worthwhile, if nothing else because you'll be running less water down the drain waiting for it to warm up. If you use hot water twice a week then it is simply a very inefficient way of keeping your airing cupboard (or garage or loft!) warm.

Note that the 837 has a keep-warm feature that can provide you hot water just as wuickly as the 937. So the real decision should probably be based on whether you need the stored hot water to provide a short period of very high hot water flow, for example if people are likely to be washing their hands while you're trying to take a shower. Of course the boilers themselves are unlikely to cost you the same amount to buy or install or maintain.

So the short answer?" It depends. On you :)

heyyy thanks for the reply i have tried cant find a specific answer! i rang vaillant today and was speakin to a sales staff she said the ecotec plus 937 system boiler will automatically store hot water i said but cant it be turned off she said no so i said not exactly energy efficent then is it than she said u can purchase a timeswitch 140 which will allow u to programme when u wnt the hot water to be stored! the programme itself cost £50 wonder is thats worth it what do u think?

In the mornin theres a rush hour for the bathroom as we all get ready to go for work with 2 bathrooms in the house we have to quickly off the water so the person upstairs can get it hence why i thought of getin the 937.

Sponsored Links
Hey hasso

I had a 937 installed a couple of weeks ago and after a few initial teething problems with controllers / external weather compensators etc I have the system running exactly as I need it and I think its a brilliant boiler.

You will find that people have their own preferred makes / models etc but ultimately its up to you on what you require.

I have 2 kids and the 937 is great for bathtimes as I set the storage unit to heat from 6pm to 7pm and I have lots of instant hot water for their bath to be run really quickly.

You mentioned about the preheat function on the 837, we had the preheat on our old boiler and I turned it off - do you really need the water preheated when you are out of the house ??

These days a decent programmer / controller is a must in my opinion with the flexibility it gives you for timed periods of heating / holidays / hot water etc.

I purchased the 430 controller for the boiler but there are others available - the 430 is about £100 though and is quite complex to program but once its all sorted its great.

Ultimately though its up to you.

Shady

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back