What is joint tape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering having a Polish company decorate a room for me. They were reccomended by someone who said they did a good finish and she is an interior designer so hopefully she can tell the difference between a good finish and a bad one However, I am still a bit nervous. They were the only ones to suggest skimming the ceiling rather than line. It is an old georgean house and there are a few largeish cracks. Would they need to use joint tape on those. All my other ceilings were lined and they were not perfect but I am not too bothered as tihs house has loads of imperfections and would cost a fortune to sort (eg replacing covings). If they do not use this tape will the cracks reappear?
Any one had experience with Polish tradesmen and do they do things the same way as us????

Sponsored Links
mmmm u seem confused;

jointing tape is a woven mesh of fibre or acrylic mesh stickey on one side n in long rolls of various thicknesses, applied between plastered or boarded materials. it is used commonly in patching with plaster as u described; does ur whole ceiling need plastering or just patching?

hmmm if ur unsure or not at ease with your employees then u need to be careful as it s your money; get a few quotes not estimates, consider how long the job is going to take with itemized time and materials used ; which will give u an idea of quality too time.

make sure that u and ur tradesmen can communicate and agree what way u want the job done.

small cracks can be filled and will benefit from jointing tape if plaster skimmed correctly or filled with a good quality filler.

if u have time served tradesmen ; ie plasterer, decorator and err designer well think where ur monies are going for the ammount of time and effort compared to getting each tradesmen in separetely. u may only need a qualified decorator. who will always know a good plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back