What is lock snapping?

Many show certain methods incorrectly.
This is sometimes meant :D

Used to prep locks for films where the star picked them open!!! Once I had finished a sneeze could have opened them lol.

Sponsored Links
Many show certain methods incorrectly.
This is sometimes meant :D

Used to prep locks for films where the star picked them open!!! Once I had finished a sneeze could have opened them lol.

Leave it open then? He can pretend to pick it. :rolleyes:

BTW, bump keys and lock pick guns have been taken off ebay in the last couple of weeks.

Sponsored Links
Yep, fits in your top pocket neatly, so you`ll never be stopped "Going equipped"

I got stopped once with my lock picks still inside my jacket, had forgotten they were there. Luckily had my trade details on me.

Actually we used hand drills at first for some stuff. Then the GOD makitta arrived :D
Not the best now but not too bad.

Bit and Brace for mortising.
Ahh the good old days.

Something like this is pretty good, the trick is to have as little protruding from the door as possible.

http://www.antisnapcylinder.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

There is cheaper but this is as low as I would go.

I will measure up tomorrow,,,but if my existing one is say 70mm would I be better off ordering a 60mm to have less protuding?

Have you considered your local dogs home, there are always plenty of loving animals looking for a good home to protect.

Remember your more worried about the outside.
If it is too short you will not be able to use the key. If it is a back door that does not slam shut it can be as short as you like as your not going to be using it, but you will on the inside.
If you see what I mean.
Depends on the handles really.

At the end of the day, door locks, window locks and alarms are there to keep "Honest" people out of your property. I don't think it matter what you do these days, if some scumbag wants to get into your house, he's going to get in.

Yep, fits in your top pocket neatly, so you`ll never be stopped "Going equipped"

I got stopped once with my lock picks still inside my jacket, had forgotten they were there. Luckily had my trade details on me.
Had similar the other week.
Dibble stopped me on metal/cable theft 'concern'.
Van full of cable and lockpicking kit in glovebox. That could have taken some explaining if he'd been bothered to look.

I got stopped by the police on my way home (in the mid 80's). I'd stayed on overtime in the factory I worked in , had been on afternoon shift , so finished at 2:00am. I was about a hundred yards up the street from where I worked. P****ng down with rain and I just happened to have a large screwdriver and a set of spanners in my bag.(to have a go at fixing the washing machine). Was asked where I'd come from and where I was going. Told them I'd just finished work. They checked the bag and then, cautioned me. I protested my innocence, but was taken to the local fuzz boutique. When I got there, I told them they could easily check my clock card and even gave them the phone number of work so they could check with the night shift foreman , that I'd actually left at 2:00am. Took then over 3 hours to "make enquiries", whilst they'd locked me in a cell. (ffs a phone call would have taken them all of 2 minutes)

Had this happened in modern times, I reckon I could have took them to court for wrongful arrest/Human Rights and won thousands. ;) ;)

The Police are exempt to wrongful arrest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back