What is the answer?

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
I cannot understand why people cannot get sick and tired of fighting, arguing, killing

Sponsored Links
dingbat:
There will always be something else to fight over.
Perhaps so, but let's get rid of the 'black gold' first and see how it goes. You must agree that it's caused a lot of problems.

shaggy said:
I think david & julie made a good point by saying:
The sooner oil runs out, the better.
I do agree with that.
But then there will not be anything of interest to the west there and they will pull out and forget about them like they do with Biafra, Sudan, etc etc etc and those countries will slowly decay.
The west is just reaping the benefits of the harvest it sowed many years ago what they needed then was heavy investment and i don't mean sending workers from over here to rake in all the money but giving the work to the people there to build their infrastructure then the "mad mullahs" wouldn't have gained such authority (remember how hitler rose to power).

jasy said:
I cannot understand why people cannot get sick and tired of fighting, arguing, killing

Then you don't quite grasp the simple reality of human nature. Watch more David Attenborough; he knows.

Sponsored Links
shaggy said:
... but let's get rid of the 'black gold' first and see how it goes. You must agree that it's caused a lot of problems.

And solved many, many more. Greed is a basic human instinct, oil is just a commodity.

Humans are very simple, but quite devious. Don't trust us.

The point being made is "do unto others how you would want them to do unto you" you see this religion stuff isn't just about god or a superior being or whatever, it's a set of rules to live your life by thats been handed down the generations it's the way they get twisted or misinterpreted that leads to fighting and it's not just over there, it happens on our doorstep too!
What the Scriptures,Koran,Bible etc try to teach those that take an interest is to have compassion for their fellow man/woman. We are constantly fed stuff from the telly that changes your perspective on the world and makes a lot of people angry where there shouldn't be anger, hatred where there shouldn't be hatred, and greed where there shouldn't be greed, Hey havn't i read something about hatred and greed somewhere in a book? I don't care if those tablets are a figment and that some unseen force did or didn't magic them upon the mountain top whoever wrote those rules all those years ago was one clever mother!

After a short time of deliberation and deep thought i've come up with the solution to all the worlds problems.............Ban the word "ME" as in "Me.me,me" and make it compulsory to use the word "WE" in it's place.

BAHCO said:
A truly terrible world we live in and my heart goes out to the Bigley family :cry:
How anybody continues to believe in God is a mystery to me as he clearly is not earning his adulation and worship.
Very sad :(
Hear Hear! to the first part and to the second part "God" gets blamed for lots of things but remember whilst the Big boys play, the innocents will continue to suffer. I for one am sick of being dragged into their power games.

dingbat said:
jasy said:

Then you don't quite grasp the simple reality of human nature. Watch more David Attenborough; he knows.

Are you telling that to everyone?. Because people think it is oil..........no it's not apparently, we have to watch more wildlife programmes...muppet

Rev Jackson is sat in a bar with Prince Charles when he asks him:
"Hey, Charlie boy, why is Britain called a Kingdom?
Charles answers, "Because it's run by a King."
The Rev replies, "Oh, I suppose that's why they call America a country."

I actually told my mum that one :LOL:

jasy said:
dingbat said:
jasy said:

Are you telling that to everyone?. Because people think it is oil..........no it's not apparently, we have to watch more wildlife programmes...muppet

Ah c'mon Jasy. Oil, gold, land, thy neighbour's ass... It's not the thing that may (or may not) be the object of lust, avarice, need, etc, it's the way humans go about it. Like animals... or, indeed, muppets! ;) Don't forget that humans (and animals) are also capable of cooperation, but in times of strife our reactions are usually less lofty - it's so much easier to strike out than to consider the alternatives.

Yes, maybe we should pay more attention to natural history programmes; the only difference between us and them is that they just get on with it and don't try to moralise or justify what they do, or tell others what they should do.

We are the only species of mammal that enjoys inflicting pain on others just because we can.............. work that out

jasy said:
We are the only species of mammal that enjoys inflicting pain on others just because we can.............. work that out

Cats? They seem quite turned on by the distress of their prey. How do we know that's just instinct and not pleasure?

Anyway, it's pointless arguing about it. Human evolution still has a long way to go before we can fully ignore/control/change our own basic instincts.

Sponsored Links
Back