What is the answer?

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
It's good to talk. Strange how people have differing views but no real answers ;)

Sponsored Links
Well after that little lot, some deep thoughts, I felt terrible about Ken Bigley's situation and his death. I feel anger toward his torturers and murderers - their animal instincts didn't get to the talking point and their greed didn't seem to extend to money.
The family of Ken Bigley have shown that there is still some hope for us humans, if only apparently little. They have not mentioned any hatred toward those that have created this tragedy, in any direction, they have all acted with amazing control. I doubt I could have behaved as decently.

Pointless arguing about it? That is the very purpose of discussion groups. Our leaders should do more of it too, instead of just lashing out.

I agree with Masona in his comment and then read this.

http://www.stornowayfreenews.com/2001arts/who_wants_to_be_a_millionaire.htm

I'm no church goer either, but it does have a ring of truth in it.

The current problems in Iraq will, without doubt, only benefit a few already wealthy people. These beneficiaries will already have enough, but are never satisfied.

The average man or woman will never know the real reasons behind this agression. Indeed I doubt that our third rate puppet like politicians will either.

It is the problem with a democracy that one week you could be a working man and the next making world changing decissions. To do this they rely on unelected advisors who may have their own agenda or be on the take.

What I don't understand is the british are still out there helping unless they don't know what going on. They're either brave or stupid.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
The average man or woman will never know the real reasons behind this agression. Indeed I doubt that our third rate puppet like politicians will either.
That's true, my own opinion is I still think the Iraq is a oil war. USA & UK never go to war on poor country because they don't benefit anything from them. We are the bully nation too only because of USA

Ask yourself why there are some countries out there that have not had terrorist problems? because they don't get involved in the politics of other countries or "steal" their resources for their own.

david and julie said:
Ahh got it, misread your post :rolleyes:

One of my friend is in Iraq helping to rebuild the country no idea where because it's secret, I have no idea if he's dead or alive.

£120,000 salary, I rather keep alive and stay at home.

Sorry if i sound detrimental to your friend but if he was there for the right reasons, to help build the country up for the iraqi people, would he be drawing such a high salary?
This is what i was saying before the people there are capable of building their own cities before the conflicts both iran and iraq were beautiful elegant places, with a high proportion of academics/scholars and engineers etc. Iran for instance had a very civilised and respected society when the Shah was in power.

masona said:
david and julie said:
Ahh got it, misread your post :rolleyes:

One of my friend is in Iraq helping to rebuild the country no idea where because it's secret, I have no idea if he's dead or alive.

£120,000 salary, I rather keep alive and stay at home.

The average soldier out there is on £18-24000 a year.......... Yes we know it's their job...but it does put things in perspective (money wise)

100% agreed,

The army have no choice and the only way to get british worker to rebuild Iraq is a better salary so why can't they do the same to the army and give them massive bonus.

Some in the army do get that much(120K). They are called top brass and sit on their a***s in Whitehall or wherever.

If you can show me anyone in the military on £120 K a year i will eat my keyboard.

Sponsored Links
Back