What is the best solution here ?

M

marsaday

View media item 33161
View media item 33162
From the pics you can see i have 2 new pipes coming out of the wall for my shower and sink.

The best soultion is to run them into the downpipe at the side of the building. This means reducing the downpipe where the bend from the gutter hits it and fitting a hopper.

The gutter extensiomn will sit on this and i will bring the 2 waste pipes into here as well.

The second solution is to extend the current hopper using new pipe and another hopper. The only problem will be the fan gets in the way, as will the light and gas pipe.

Any other ideas on which is best soultion. The first one will be the cheapest as all i need to buy is the hopper and it keeps away from all the problems. The only downside is maybe having to get a plastic gutter extension instead of using the current cast one (too heavy if sitting into a hopper ?)

Sponsored Links
I spose the first solution. Extending the hopper upwards only looses a little waste pipe.

Shoot whoever fitted that shower vent :evil:

If these are waste pipes, you can't connect to a downpipe

It looks like that existing pipe from the hopper will miss that fan, but you can put the hopper just below the fan and bring the pipes down to it

on old houses the surface water goes into the foul water i think. i wonder if this is the case here.

i can check my man hole in the drive.

Sponsored Links
I have checked and water from the downpipe from the roof doesnt go into the foul. Also the water from the hopper downpipe also doesnt go into the foul.

So does this mean they both go into the same surface collection pipe ? Our front downpipe for the roof heads towards the road as you can see it sitting just proud of the soil as it leaves the drain.

So i am guessing all 3 of these drains go to the same place.

In which case does it matter where i route the water from the top bathroom?

I will mention it to BC, but i am sure he will say it is ok based on the age of the house and how the current system is set up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back