What is the thing that decorators put between edges ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Am new to the forums, so excuse me if this is a lame question . . .

I am currently decorating my flat, and when it was done last time by professional decorators, they used a gun thing and put this sort of sealant down every single edge - i.e. from ceiling to wall, and between skirting board and wall, on the edge of light switches etc etc.

It is like a white sealant thing . I have tried looking for it in B&Q, but dont know if its sealant, or decorators caulk ?

All I know is that it gives a very neat, and very smart finish, and that it was applied using this metal frame gun. Also they had a special tool which smoothed it out once it had been squirted out - where can I lay my hands on one of these ?

R

Mehul

Sponsored Links
hi yes its decorating caulk. Comes in tubes 330ml i belive, some are better than others i find. make sure you have a full size gun as some tubes are bigger than others. The ICI one is ok there are a few others probally b&q own will be crap but might not make diffrence to you.

Make sure you dont get silicon as it does not paint :)

jimbobo said:
hi yes its decorating caulk. Comes in tubes 330ml i belive, some are better than others i find. make sure you have a full size gun as some tubes are bigger than others. The ICI one is ok there are a few others probally b&q own will be rubbish but might not make diffrence to you.

Make sure you dont get silicon as it does not paint :)[/quote]

Tell that to the builders, double glazing fixers kitchen and bathroom installers and plumbers out there! :evil:

Just been caulking with Screwfix's offer stuff. When painted with Leyland Matt it cracks even after 3 coats!!

Sponsored Links
Porker said:
Just been caulking with Screwfix's offer stuff. When painted with Leyland Matt it cracks even after 3 coats!!

Combination of two crap brands

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back