What is this called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Apologies in advance if there is a better location for this post. I need to replace one of these metal brackets on a five bar gate: it's used to secure an extra bar but I cannot for the life of me find out what they are called or where I can get one. Is it a question of getting one made up or does anywhere stock them?

Thanks for any help,

Stu

Attachments

• IMG_3790.JPG
    IMG_3790.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 140
Sponsored Links
Thanks John: now I look at it I think you might be right. Any suggestions for what to use? I suppose I could get a hinge or find something similar but if there's a better method for attaching an extra bar (to make dog-proof) then I'd be interested to hear it.

Stu

Sponsored Links
Sure, if you went to a builders merchants and looked at 'builders metalwork' I'm sure you'd find something - and there's a good chance it would be galvanised too.
Failing that, galvanised 1" mesh should fit the bill.
John :)

When I needed to fix my concrete side fence post to the side gate that ran as a T across the front. I bought a galvanised steel strap from a builders merchant
Dog proofing- I would have thought that welded mesh would look better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back