What is this gas fitting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20190417_133149.jpg

This came fitted on a mosquito deterrent product. It looked like a regular regulator but has this thread coming out and I've no idea about gas fixtures generally to know how I might connect it up to a regular calor bottle?

Sponsored Links
That should screw directly into a red propane bottle.....left hand thread!
John :)
Oh, weird. I was looking at a friend's and the attachment was on the bottom of the round part... You just pushed the fitting into the bottle and it locked.

Sponsored Links
Yep, that will be the blue butane cylinder I’ll wager.
The propane fittings are quite different, as you see. The rubber bung gives a gas tight seal on the bottle taper and is common with fittings that are screwed in by hand.

Ah so I think they have "patio gas" which is the same but a different clip on fitting.

Screenshot_20190417-212853.jpg

Ah yes - I believe patio gas is propane with a quick release connection as against the traditional screwed fitting that you have. A green bottle, I think but Ive never used it.....it would have to be propane as butane remains liquid at low temperatures.

If you did want to change the regulator just cut the orange hose where your thumb is - regulators for all bottle types are available with a spigot that will push into that hose and secured by a jubilee clip. If you haven't got a cylinder yet then stick with that one as propane is one of the most widely available and cheapest.

Propane regulator tends to be 27mm fitting while the butane come in 20 or 21mm fitting depending on gas bottle manufacturers .They are push fit .
Seems to be a move towards propane these days , everything in b&q and many sellers is now propane, barbecues , patio heaters etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back