What is this hose and where can I get a new one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an overly complicated tap, which has a flexible hose that has started leaking.

One end is a simple 15mm (or more probably 1/2" now I think about it (n)) female screw connection the other is a male thread, I think it's an M14 based on the measurement (it is around 14mm, or a hair over .5") but this seems odd, unusual and I couldn't find any, let alone one long enough (approx 82cm). Can anyone help me in my hour of need?

Bonus points if anyone can find where I could buy one before the other half realises the kitchen tap is broken.

Thanks
IMG_20210628_181207_edit_448299889227948.jpg

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
plumbing threads are often BSP

the name of a BSP thread is not the same as its actual measurement.

for example, a 1/2 Inch BSP thread measures 20.99 mm / 0.825" diameter and has 14 threads per inch.

1/4 Inch BSP measures 13.16 mm / 0.518" diameter and has 19 threads per inch.

The thread is often tapered so it measures smaller at the end and gets bigger, so it gets tighter as you screw it in.

please measure yours (precisely) and count the number of threads per inch.

Thanks for the help so far. I should have mentioned it's not a usual tap connector, it's the flexible bit for a fancy tap similar to this (different brand and a model no longer available, of course)

https://fohen.co.uk/products/1xflex...I0jzP4LXospz-EqtbpwF6JBsO8AlYtlgaAoowEALw_wcB

An utter waste of money but it was here when I moved in and now I like the fanciness, so I'm keeping it if I can. I'll break out the verniers and work out how to use them again later.

1. Is it:
1a. The hose bit which connects the body of the tap to the spray head?
1b. The hot or cold connection between the pipework system and the tap inlet?
If 1a, the female connector is usually 1/2" BSP, the same as a shower hose connector.
As previously stated, you need to measure the over the threads diameter of the male end accurately. You could wrap a piece of paper round it and mark the distance (call it "a") from an edge to where the piece meets that edge on wrapping. Then diameter is (a x 7/22). Probably accurate enough.

1. Is it:
1a. The hose bit which connects the body of the tap to the spray head?
1b. The hot or cold connection between the pipework system and the tap inlet?
If 1a, the female connector is usually 1/2" BSP, the same as a shower hose connector.
As previously stated, you need to measure the over the threads diameter of the male end accurately. You could wrap a piece of paper round it and mark the distance (call it "a") from an edge to where the piece meets that edge on wrapping. Then diameter is (a x 7/22). Probably accurate enough.
1a, and thanks.

plumbing threads are often BSP

the name of a BSP thread is not the same as its actual measurement.

for example, a 1/2 Inch BSP thread measures 20.99 mm / 0.825" diameter and has 14 threads per inch.

1/4 Inch BSP measures 13.16 mm / 0.518" diameter and has 19 threads per inch.

The thread is often tapered so it measures smaller at the end and gets bigger, so it gets tighter as you screw it in.

please measure yours (precisely) and count the number of threads per inch.
14.7mm outer diameter for the male thread.

19.22mm internal diameter for the female thread, but i probably got that completely wrong, measuring internal diameters is trickier. I'm confident it's standard 1/2" BSP as it's the same as another tap connector (for a different tap).

Thread count per inch is beyond me, I'm a metric system person, inches and verniers is two leaps too far. :(

Yup, standard sizes for 'pull-out tap replacement hose' are male M15 and female 1/2" BSP.
Though the price of hoses aren't that much cheaper than the cost of a new tap! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back