What is this type of rawl plug called

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to find a supplier for this type of rawl plug with the serrated edges as had a stash from something I must have bought but cannot find the same type to buy... anyone any idea what it's called, I'm Googled out!

Attachments

• IMG_8979.jpg
    IMG_8979.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 248
Sponsored Links
Try googling "white nylon expansion pipe" or "white plastic expansion pipe".

Sponsored Links
Because they'\re crap - spin round. The serrated teeth ones are bliss to use.

No they don't , if the plugs you are using spin around the hole you have drilled is too big - simple as that

Uno's and duopowers are superb plugs

No they don't , if the plugs you are using spin around the hole you have drilled is too big - simple as that

Uno's and duopowers are superb plugs
I've been fitting shutters and blinds for 20 years - old houses have crumbly walls and often the hole becomes larger than the bit size so the serrated teeth type are brilliant as they hammer in nice and tight whereas the proper sized normal style will not grip.... simple as that!

I've been fitting shutters and blinds for 20 years - old houses have crumbly walls and often the hole becomes larger than the bit size so the serrated teeth type are brilliant as they hammer in nice and tight whereas the proper sized normal style will not grip.... simple as that!

Just use a smaller bit - simple as that

If I am drilling into a suspected problem wall I use a drill size down from the one I want to use and I see if the plug will fit , that way hopefully I don't screw myself over by drilling the hole too large and having to bodge the plug in

Last edited:
if you have crumbly walls, here is how to get a good fixing with plasplugs:

Drill a hole in the wall long enough and deep enough to accept your plug and screw. They must penetrate into the brick or block enough to bear the weight. Disregard the thickness of plaster which has no strength. I usually work on 25mm of brick.

Clean out dust and fragments from the hole with a vac or water jet (and allow to dry)

Inject builder's adhesive of the no-more-nails type (cheap own brand will do) into the hole, starting at the back so there is no air bubble at the end of the hole

Press your plasplug into the hole so it pushes into the adhesive and is fully encased. Press it slightly below the plaster surface which will reduce risk of cracking. You can insert a screw a couple of turns into the plug to use as a handle. clean off excess adhesive.

leave it overnight for the adhesive to set, before driving home your screw. Since the plug is surrounded, it will transmit the expansive force evenly into the wall. It will not spin or come loose.

In your own home it's worth spending the time for a few occasional screws

If you're doing it for a living, probably not.

In your own home it's worth spending the time for a few occasional screws

If you're doing it for a living, probably not.

Surely if you've glued the plug into the wall there won't be any expansion force as the plug won't be able to move

All I do on ratty brickwork is to drill a hole 0.5 or even 1mm smaller diameter the insert the plug. Helps if you don't use cheap drill bits which "helicopter". Simples!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back