What?! Just, what?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure there's anything good about this socket. The bare copper actually continued on to the top entry cable, and the bottom entry was long enough to reach the socket terminals, so I'm not really sure how they got it so, so wrong
IMG_2825.jpg

Sponsored Links
Should we give them points for using the same CSA cores into the socket? :ROFLMAO: But on a serious note what the F*%$ was that person thinking? or was it lack of a thinking that managed to give birth to such an atrocity!

Should we give them points for using the same CSA cores into the socket? :ROFLMAO: But on a serious note what the F*%$ was that person thinking? or was it lack of a thinking that managed to give birth to such an atrocity!
It's only the same CSA because it is still that same piece of 2.5 from the top, not cut, just stripped back a boatload
IMG_2828.JPG

Sponsored Links
It's this sort of work that disproves Darwins theory of survival of the fitest. If he was right, the installer would have killed himself by now.

Is it that the joins are not classed a maintenance free. I know the earth wires wrapped together aren't :D

Is it that the joins are not classed a maintenance free. I know the earth wires wrapped together aren't :D
Only reason that one got opened because the Megger said no earth path. So the wrap around method clearly didn't work, at all

The CPC and neutral are separate. I'm confused?

And we need to move to the DNO terminology for earthing it's just more logical.

CNE and SNE are just simpler than TN-C-S and TN-S.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back