what kind of render?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm wondering what my options are for render. it is for a new build in Scotland and I was wanting a render that needs no maintenance, I.e. painting it.

is krend my only option? the render is going onto dense concrete block, the under build also.

cheers
danny

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm wondering what my options are for render. it is for a new build in Scotland and I was wanting a render that needs no maintenance, I.e. painting it.

is krend my only option? the render is going onto dense concrete block, the under build also.

cheers
danny
Depends what type of finish you are looking for?
Dry-dash
wet-dash
smooth render
??
I would probably suggest sand/cement finish (wet-dash)

Im not really fussy on what the finish is, i do like the krend smooth finish but it isnt essential.

I really want whatever is going to be the most cost effective without having to paint the finish. . . ?

Im not really fussy on what the finish is, i do like the krend smooth finish but it isnt essential.

I really want whatever is going to be the most cost effective without having to paint the finish. . . ?
smooth finish is really hard to achieve, blemish free if you are a novice. Sand and cement is probably the cheapest option but i would suggest doing it grey cement with building sand then painting

Sponsored Links
I will be getting someone else to do the render finish, wont try tackling that one myself. What about snowcrete?

I will be getting someone else to do the render finish, wont try tackling that one myself. What about snowcrete?
ah, i see.
I thought you were tackling it yourself. If you are getting a pro in then snowcrete would be fine and you shouldnt need to paint. Would also add that if you decide to go for smooth render, wait a couple months till the weather gets warmer. Smooth render is a nightmare to set in this time of year.
If you are looking for it done asap then i would reccomend krend or powerwall scratch tender. This can be applied one day then scratched back the next. Really good finish if done by the right squad

this is all ofcourse, if you dont want dry or wet dash and looking for a flat finish

hope this helps, dean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back