What make of hinge is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?:
I'm trying to figure out how to remove a uPVC external door from the frame for easier moving and refitting elsewhere. The door plus frame weighs a ton!
There are three hinges and I have uploaded a 'front and rear' photo set to 'my album'.
Could anyone identify the make/model from these pictures, so that I may find out how to go about dis-assembling them? I'm thinking that with the right know-how, the door should just 'lift off' its pins?

Sponsored Links
Undo the tiny grub screws and knock out the pins, they may be 2 piece pins so half goes up half goes down

These ones are a pain in the butt. I did some the other day.

You need to take the top and bottom caps off and undo the bolts with a 4mm Allen key (take the top ones out first).

This is a long hall job as you cant turn the Allen key very far and can take 10 mins per bolt (x6) then the same to put them back.
I would recommend popping to some local DIY/car maintenance stores first to try and get a tiny ratchet.

Something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Am-Tech-4...257?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2d4d82c1

Believe me you will be glad you got one!!!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Oh and as mentioned above undo the grub screw on the sides first as they hold the bolts in place for security.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, Gazman, most helpful :D
I've got the ratchet attachment for the allen keys...
I guess if I dis-assemble the middle hinge of the three, I'll get a better idea of how they all fit together.
My question is this - when the top and bottom bolts in each hinge have been unscrewed and removed, what is supporting the weight of the door? Is the door just sitting there on the remains of the hinge bracket, and can then be pulled free? Or will it topple when the 'last bolt' is removed? Lastly a 'tip' from you would be appreciated - should I start with the top hinge and work down to the bottom one, or vice-versa?

Leave the top till last, get someone to get the weight while you take the last pin/bolt out as it'll probably come under its own weight

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back