What more can the Tories do to alienate younger voters?

Sponsored Links
ha ha ha
Its not what the article says, the thread title is just JohnD making something up, he could just as well have linked an article about big brother for equal relevance

It could make lenders stop lending or increase rates.

Gosh where would would the increased prices be recovered?

It doesn't make any difference anyway as far youngsters voting is concerned. 99% are lost in their little worlds depicted on their smart phones. Their worlds revolve around facebook and candy crush. The vast majority of them cannot be bothered to get off their backsides to go and vote.

Sponsored Links
What more can the Tories do to alienate younger voters?

they could employ Pete as their PR man.

What's wrong with the old system of signing up for a year? Or is that not working anymore? I used to sign up for a year at a time.

It doesn't make any difference anyway as far youngsters voting is concerned. 99% are lost in their little worlds depicted on their smart phones. Their worlds revolve around facebook and candy crush. The vast majority of them cannot be bothered to get off their backsides to go and vote.

How many young people do you know?

Omg. Next the Tories will be asking the youngsters to actually do some work and not rely on the social for rent and trainers. That will go down as well as Corbyn turning up at a Yom HaShoah gig wearing a table cloth on his head and saying that he couldn't remember the date.

This 3 year tenancy caper is not aimed at young people specificaly ?? it was or is an attempt to stop these no fault evictions that are on the increase by LL
will not spend money on the prop .

I.e

tenant complains to LL that there front door does not shut . LL concludes that tenant is a trouble maker and evicts them ect ect

Or tenant complains that the roof is leaking ect ect

I haven't looked at this in detail, but I think the arguments in favour are flawed.

1. it is the tenants right to move to a rolling tenancy under current housing law. So they sign up for 6 months and at the end if they do nothing other than continue to pay rent and keep to the terms, their tenancy will roll to a monthly where the Landlord has to give 2 months notice to quit but the tenant only 1.

2. A lot can change in 3 years, both landlord and tenants circumstances are highly likely to change and neither would want to be bound for so long.

3. what about students on thin/thick sandwich courses - they only want to rent for 6-9 months.

4. Letting agents will just charge 10% of the total commitment, so fees will increase, for doing less work.

Solution without a problem. and yes I am a landlord, both my properties have long term tenants and I haven't increased rent for 5 years.

Sponsored Links
Back