What next

Sponsored Links
They are a great idea, one atag model has a similar system inbuilt. I'm all for them being made mandatory on new combi installs but there needs to be some competition in the market.

pretty sure ravenheat had the main idea. or something similar.

Yep Ravenheat patented the energy catcher , similar thing , the Zenex I think is licenced to several manus ??

Alpha offer it , Johnson & Starley do the Renoextra , ect ect ! never fitted one yet , (have offered it )

Sponsored Links
They do look and perform brilliantly from what ive seen in the alpha video,but unless all manufacturers make it an integral part of the boiler
then i dont see how u cvan make people buy em.
FFS there are still people that wont pay the extra for TRV's-no matter how much advise they get.
and there the old chesnut that there will be some reputable gas fitter that will be happy to price without it-leaving the people that are trying to install to the current regs,loosing out.
Just like our friend J-pike with his 400 quid boilers for oaps-nevermind when the fan packs in in18months and it 250.00 plus vat plus labour.
He really knows how to look after em!

the major problem i do see with these devices. are the space. e.g fitting a boiler in the kitchen.

Looks aweful but any energy saving is good. I pressume it just acts as a secondary heat exchanger?

Its totally over priced.

If the boiler makers spent just £40 extra on heat exchangers they could recoup that energy anyway.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back