Biasi Boilers - Activa range - any good?

SFD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone installed / used/ got one of the newish Activa range from Biasi . Thinking of getting one of these installed mainly because they seem to come with a 5 years parts/labour warranty. see link below:-

http://www.biasi.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80&Itemid=105

Its for a rental property so the 5 year warranty thing seems a good deal , saves giving BGas £200+ a year for a service contract.

Appreciate probably not as good as a top end boiler but are these better than the budget brands?

Cheers

Steve.

Sponsored Links
for same money you can get a glowworm flexicom with 5yr warranty if installed by member of their loyalty scheme

A service contract covers other things besides just the boiler!

Relying on the warrantee would mean you might need to call someone out for system problems.

There seems very little feedback on that model.

I find the Biasi M296 a far more reliable boiler sold from about £500 often including the flue! But it only has a two year warrantee.

It would be interesting to see if any users or installers of the Activa come forward to make any replies.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Fitted 20 plus. Had three with main heat exchanger faults which was a known manufacturing fault. Engineer out quick , swopped, all ok. Been 3 years since first one went in. no other issues.

REALITY CHECK!!!!!

5yearwarranty is CONDITIONAL on the boiler being Serviced Annualy!!!

So no service History NO WARRANTY!! (no diffrent to a new Motor Car)
:rolleyes:

By the way there many many better boilers than a Biasi!!

Why wouldnt you service your boiler annually? And no manufacturer will honour a warranty if you dont have it serviced so whats your point? Why not talk specifics about Biasi than make sweeping statements. Dont tell me.....Worcester or Vaillant? yada yada yada...

Cheap boiler, cheap Landlord.

Typical.

One can only hope your tenants share your desire not to be parted from their cash.

Markahs - I don't know who your post was aimed at, but I suspect it was ME!!

I don't quite understand why, I mearly pointed out that any boiler must be serviced, and as a service agent for multiple boiler makers I can tell you that NONE of them will honour a warranty claim on a boiler with a failed service history (the 1st thing we have to cheack before starting work!) as for Worcester & Vaillant??? don't know what point you are making there, as neither I or the OP even mentioned them!!

and No I have not found Biasi boilers to be especially good!!
and oh yeah yada yada yada (whatever that actually means!!) :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back