Biasi boiler

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
A Magnaclean is not a substitite for power flushing.

It prevents crud build up. Well worth having. Only fit on clean system.

Do any of the BIASI system boilers have the integrated weather compensator?

The M110 is the only model with the WC already built in to the PCB.

They can be produced in a heat only version but I dont think they are being sold in the UK as such yet. There is no significant difference in price so the combi can be used as a heat only boiler if required.

They are probably the best value boiler on the market with WC built in and usable with a cheap sensor.

Oddly none of the domestic Worcester boilers have WC !

Tony

Sponsored Links
i have seen biasi boiler fitted up to uv cylinders , the boiler feeding the kitchen, the uv the bathrooms.

biasi uk don't sell system boilers...or i have never seen them :)

is there an obvious difference between the Riva and Garda range? the biasi website isnt that informative.
cheers

the RIVA ADVANCE HE(M110.32SM/C) and the garda HE Plus(M110.32SM/E) are the same boiler, there is minor difference on the out side

same with the riva compact HE and the garda HE

How does the 3-way valve work? Is it fully open on CH and moves over for DHW?

Does it have a low system pressure cut-out? This heat exchanger is used on open systems on other makes. I see no reason why it cant be fitted on an open vented system - apart from the low pressure cut-out, which if the F&E tank is high enough will maintain the minimum pressure for operation (or maybe disable the device).

mehran said:
i have seen biasi boiler fitted up to uv cylinders , the boiler feeding the kitchen, the uv the bathrooms.

Unless the dead leg from the cylinder is very long and the boiler is in the kitchen, I cannot see the advantage.

I fitted one like this with differences. The combi only fed the shower to give high pressure showers than never ran out. Instead of an expensive unvented cylinder, and the annual service charge and explosion potential too, I fitted a vented combination cylinder to do the rest of the DHW taps - no bigger than a Megaflow. It gave the desired flow at all taps and pressure and flow at the shower and no expensive high pressure cylinders.

Far cheaper than a Megaflo and system boiler.

biasi uk don't sell system boilers...or i have never seen them :)

You just don't connect up the water section.

the boiler was right beside the sink, i guess the guy that fitted it thought "what the hell". yes you can use a combi as a system boiler Doctor Drivel, i was not saying you cant, just that biasi don't look to sell a system boiler in the uk... :rolleyes:

mehran said:
the boiler was right beside the sink, i guess the guy that fitted it thought "what the hell". yes you can use a combi as a system boiler Doctor Drivel, i was not saying you cant, just that biasi don't look to sell a system boiler in the uk... :rolleyes:

My point was not put over well. They may market the combi as the system boiler anyhow. Ravenheat did. Their tech dept would help you do it. Combis are competitive and cost effective, and in many cases the combi is cheaper than the system boiler equivalent. :rolleyes:

mehran said:
the RIVA ADVANCE HE(M110.32SM/C) and the garda HE Plus(M110.32SM/E) are the same boiler, there is minor difference on the out side

The outside is slightly different but the main difference is that the Guarda is the name for those sold in B&Q. Technically they are the same.

The Band B M96 SR is sold as a system boiler but its about the same price as a combi anyway and not usually in stock.

I have not seen an M110 system boiler yet. The bits would be the same as the M96 SR I expect.

The M110 cannot apparently be used as an open vented boiler because the flow switch gives problems.

Biasi rebadge the Halstead Eden as their system boiler for OV applications.

Tony

Agile said:
mehran said:

The outside is slightly different but the main difference is that the Guarda is the name for those sold in B&Q. Technically they are the same.

The Band B M96 SR is sold as a system boiler but its about the same price as a combi anyway and not usually in stock.

I have not seen an M110 system boiler yet. The bits would be the same as the M96 SR I expect.

The M110 cannot apparently be used as an open vented boiler because the flow switch gives problems.

Why would it give problems?

Biasi rebadge the Halstead Eden as their system boiler for OV applications.

But no weather compensator.

Agile said:
mehran said:

Her is one:
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Biasi_Riva_HE_System_Boiler.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back