what our kids are being taught?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
talking to my 5yr old twins last night,i asked them what they learned @ school today,richard started off well talking about james 1st & guy fawkes & that he tried blowing up the houses of parliment (should have said they thats a good idea ;) but would have been lost on a 5yr old )then katie said "THEY CHOPPED OFF THEIR HEADS AND PUT THEM ON STAKES :eek: ,THEY ALSO BROKE ALL THEIR BONES BY STRETCHING THEM ON A RACK :eek: :eek: :eek: "thought that was a bit toooo much information for a 5yr old kid when the press go on about violent video games etc.....don't want to sound paranoid but what do all you lot think about it?

Sponsored Links
It's very sad, in some other counties they teaching 5 yrs old how to operate a gun & making petrol bomb etc...........

May be worth asking the teacher what was said, as we know children remember selectivly. It could have well been followed up with ' well that was in the past (ie History) & these days we dont do that, we put them into a nice warm cell etc etc :LOL:

at the moment i'm teaching them that there are some funny people about so don't talk to strangers you don't know.i told them that if a grown up that they don't know touches them to scream as loud as they can & shout for help.a bit melodramatic but better safe than sorry.

Sponsored Links
As a parent myself, you cant be over cautious these days, it's better to be that way than to suffer the terrible consequences.

[quote=" "THEY CHOPPED OFF THEIR HEADS AND PUT THEM ON STAKES :eek: ,THEY ALSO BROKE ALL THEIR BONES BY STRETCHING THEM ON A RACK :eek: "thought that was a bit toooo much information for a 5yr old kid when the press go on about violent video games etc.....don't want to sound paranoid but what do all you lot think about it?[/quote]

Sorry but have they not asked why we burn a guy on the fire? History can be horrid, but the daily news can be worse. Let them learn, then you try to explain the why's. We learn with our children, and learning how to answer or discuss is our lesson.

I go along with the precautions, and agree.

Back