What is taught at school now?

One major problem is teaching to the curriculum and the expected results thereof one kid may be able to exceed that but is not encouraged to do so, minimum requirements etc whilst less able kids are e shoehorned into subjects they have no interest in. teaching kids french is pointless when they can barely string a sentence together in enlglish, we need more vocational subjects, woodwork, metalwork, welding, get them using their hands and their brains will quickly follow
Devlin

Sponsored Links
It all went wrong when they abolished corporal punishment. A few canings never did me any harm, that's for sure. Kids today don't know they're born. In my day their was none of this "political correctness" or whatever the lefties call it, just good honest education. A prayer to start off the school day, and then straight in to mathematics. Then after break, welding class for the boys, and cookery class for the girls (course you'd get called 'sexist' if you suggested that nowadays), then after games on the rugger field (netball for the girls) it was in to the science labs to learn about nuclear physics.

Some of the lads (and even the odd girl is given an apprenticeship, in the name of 'PC'!) these days don't know their earth from their elbow. I asked one to work out the minimum CPC suitable for a new circuit and he thought "adiabatic" was a brand of training shoe!

We're going to Hell in a handcart, and it's too late to do anything. I wish it was like the old days when everything was perfect and there were no coloureds on my street.

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back